The following non-fiction stories appeared in the 2012 print edition of Portal. Click on the links to read this year’s non-fiction online.
- Mary Fraughton — Ghosts on the Old Hart River Road
- Gisèle Merlet — Ultreia!
- Jacqueline Yeo — How (Not) to Practice Piano
- Liz Laidlaw — Go to the Fringe: Jan Zwicky
- Deborah de Carvalho — Live Till You Die
- Drew McLachlan — Fight Club On Wheels
- Kaitlyn Till — Distance Travelled
Non-fiction from the 2011 edition of Portal. Click on the links to read the pieces online.
- Ryan Power – “Maoists”, “The Treeplanter”
- Jessica Skelton – “The Perfect Cup”, “Look at Her”
- Brad Morgan – “The Bear Ceremony”
- Brady Tighe – “The Vince Neil Story”
- Tamu Miles – “Welcome to Womanhood, Sweetie”
- Renée Masur – “Sleeping Beside Rapids”
Portal 2010 featured a retrospective essay on the history of the magazine by Kim Moes, entitled “Beginnings” and an interview by Jessica Legacy with Carol Ann Duffy called “A Kind of Bee: The Poetics of Carol Ann Duffy.” To see how you can contribute this genre for our 2012 edition, visit our Submissions page.